Vietnam is a growing destination for UK tourists and business travellers alike. Whether you’re traveling to Vietnam for pleasure or for business, the easiest way to get a visa for Vietnam for UK citizens is through the online e-Visa service. After traveling halfway across the planet, the last thing you want to have to deal with is navigating the visa process on arrival. Why not have a stress-free trip by arranging your visa prior to arriving in Vietnam? Apply online with 3 easy steps to get a visa to travel to Vietnam and skip all the visa hassles on arrival.
What is a Vietnam e-Visa?
The Vietnam e-Visa is an electronic visa (e-Visa), which is one of the visa types issued to foreigners wanting to visit/ travel through Vietnam. It’s issued by the Vietnamese Immigration Department via an online electronic system.
Depending on the purpose of your visit, you can apply for:
- Vietnam Transit e-Visa: This is a single-entry visa suitable for individuals traveling through Vietnam, who wish to leave the airport while transiting.
- Vietnam Tourist e-Visa: This is a single-entry visa issued for holiday makers, which is valid for a maximum of 30 days.
- Vietnam Business e-Visa: This is a single-entry visa suitable for those intending to do business in Vietnam; it’s valid for a maximum of 30 days.
Vietnam e-Visa Requirements for UK citizens
The requirements for a Vietnam e-Visa are:
1. Valid passport: Your passport should still be valid for at least one month after entry, and have at least two blank pages.
2. No previous visa suspensions: The applicant must not have any previous instances where they’ve been suspensed from entry into Vietnam.
3. Complete the online application form: You need to complete an online visa application form and submit a scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport, as well as one passport photo taken within the last six months.
4. Pay visa fee: You will be required to pay the service fee prior to your e-Visa being issued.
Vietnam e-Visa application form
The online Vietnam e-Visa application form is quick and easy to complete; 3 simple steps will get you a visa for Vietnam from the UK. The process is as follows:
Step 1: Visa Options
Select the type of visa you require, e.g.: tourism, business activities, study etc., and provide your trip details including length of stay & date of entry, port of entry & exit and your location of stay.
Step 2: Personal Details
You’ll be required to provide personal details including your passport details. Personal details include your full name, contact details and address among others. The required passport details include passport number, date of issue, date of expiry and country of issue.
You’ll be required to upload a photo and a copy of your biographical page of your passport. The photo should include your full face with a front view and eyes open; no black and white photos or blurred photos are accepted. Your passport copy should include all four corners and must be clear and legible. Examples are provided in case you’re unclear; documents can be obtained by two methods i.e. through digital camera/webcam or by scanning the physical photograph.
Step 3: Review and Pay
Review all of your application details to ensure they’re correct, and then make payment. Payment for your application can be done by debit/credit card or SOFORT. It’s easy as 1,2,3 to apply.
Once your application has been approved, you’ll receive your e-Visa via email within xxx days.
An application number is allocated to you so you can save your application at any time; don’t stress if you don’t have all the details first time round.
Who Requires a Vietnam e-Visa?
British citizens travelling to Vietnam are required to apply for an e-Visa if they are visiting the country for more than 15 days. They do not require a visa for 15 days only in the case of a gap of at least 30 days between two visa-free visits; a printout of their onward ticket is required.
Those that don’t meet these criteria are required to apply for an e-Visa for Vietnam when travelling from the UK.
Getting a visa for Vietnam from the UK has never been easier. Apply online in 3 simple steps to make your trip stress free. You’ll skip as a visit to the embassy, as well the queues at the airport, you won’t have to pay an additional stamping fee on arrival and you’ll have the freedom to enter and exit Vietnam via one of the 28 international checkpoints.
For all of your e-Visa Vietnam needs, get in touch with eVisa Vietnam here.